Triangle Torque Profile Joint Movements

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
nyjintak

Triangle Torque Profile Joint Movements

Post by nyjintak »

I am in need of assistance as to how to apply a changing torque value to a joint in the form of a triangle profile to a UR5 robot. I have searched through message board and have found a great many topics concerning "torque" and I think I came across how to change the torque value in a child script and what settings are needed for the joint dynamics. I believe then there is a command that would then tell the robot to jog the joint at the given torque until it reaches specified speed. I cannot seem to find what that particular command is. I would also like to know how to make a time based loop. I have seen this done before also but cannot remember where or how in the moving a single object.

Please note this is for an online course project and I had to use V-rep for a couple simple assignments. So I am very much the novice and I am limited on time to figure it all out myself. So, if someone could either answer my questions or point me in the direction of the answers I seek I would be most grateful.

Thank You.

nyjintak

Re: Triangle Torque Profile Joint Movements

Post by nyjintak »

I have found that sim.setJointForce and sim.setJointTargetVelocity are the commands I need. But I am finding when I apply it to joint 2, the link simply falls over. Seems it will only work for joint 1. So can anyone please answer this for me, please?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Triangle Torque Profile Joint Movements

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

there are several possibilities: maybe the force/torque is not high enough for joint 2? Or joint 2 is not dynamically enabled? Or joint 2 is not in the correct joint mode?
If you don't post your scene, it is difficult to guess what you are doing exactly.

Cheers