path planning for Quadricopter from Remote Api python

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
emmarapt

path planning for Quadricopter from Remote Api python

Post by emmarapt »

Dear Coppelia,

I am working on a quadricopter simulation and my task is to generate a path between several waypoints (that i have placed in my scene) and make the quadricopter follows it.
I have read the motionPlanningServerDemo scene and i have tried to generate a path thought the function findIkPath incudes the functions that findIkPath need.

At first i did exactly the same code either in vrep or in python remote api as in motionPlanningServerDemo scene but the path was returned as null. It didn't cause any error but the function findIkPath probably didn't work as supposed because of the null path.

Secondly,i thought about controlling thought the function findIkPath only the Quadricopter_target(green ball) as the UAV follows it and don't consides the joints as in motionPlanningServerDemo scene.

I wanted to ask for your help and tell me if there is a way to achieve path planning through these functions or i have to think something else(and what is this?). If what i am doing is possible i will upload the scene for you to see if there is an error that i can not find.

Please, answer my questions,

Cheers

emmarapt

Re: path planning for Quadricopter from Remote Api python

Post by emmarapt »

anyone???

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

before trying to do path planning through the remote API, try to make it work only in V-REP. Once you have done that, you can move ahead and handle the communication with your remote API client.
If your path planning returns null, then you probably have not correctly defined the task and/or the collision objects.

Cheers

emmarapt

Post by emmarapt »

Hello and thank you for your answer,

First of all , is it possible to generate a path for Quadricopter through these functions that are handle in the motionPlanningServerDemo scene??

I want to have several waypoints and the quadricopter must go throught that several waypoints. I tried to use SetObjectPosistion through remote api and it worked only for one target. When i did it again with the same command it just executes only the last command and goes to the second target.

I tried to use OMPL through remote api python but the scene crashes all the time. That didn't work as well.

Can you give me an advice and tell me which is the better way to compute a path for the quadricopter???

I am reading so much and at the end i don't know where to start.

Thank you!

emmarapt

Post by emmarapt »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zWttZ ... oE7owsOxiX

this is my scene when trying to generate a path thought the function findIkPath.

In the remote api client i have the same code as in the pathplanning.py.

Can you tell me where is the problem that returns path=[] ???

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

As I mentioned previously, try to have the individual parts working before trying to handle such a complex task.
Your remote API isn't even working properly (you start a remote API server serving in the threaded child script. But that child script immediately terminates and closes that connection). So first learn about threaded child scripts, about the remote API, then the OMPL plugin. Then only, try to put things together.

Cheers