Position vs time input for moving bodies

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
vigneshkc

Position vs time input for moving bodies

Post by vigneshkc »

Hi,
I am trying to do a walking simulation. I have the xyz position vs the time (of the COM of foot and pelvis)

Is there a way in v-rep to apply the position wrt time to be followed by a particular body? (in the hybrid mode )

For example I have the xyz vs time values of the feet and I want the feet of the model to follow that path at the given time.

I tried to use the path function but that doesn't have the time input, the problem is all the bodies start following the path at the same time which is not what I want.

Thanks and Regards,
Vignesh K.C.

fferri

Re: Position vs time input for moving bodies

Post by fferri »

From V-REP's manual - Path position and length calculation method:
To archive a movement pause at a specific point along a path, proceed as following: create 3 identical path control points (perfectly coincident position and orientation) and specify a virtual distance value different from zero for the middle control point. In following example, the virtual distance at the 3 coincident points is 2 (1 between the first and the middle coincident control points, and 1 between the middle and the third coincident control points). If an object travels along the path at a velocity of 1 meter per second, then it would archive a 2 seconds pause at the coincident control points:

vigneshkc

Re: Position vs time input for moving bodies

Post by vigneshkc »

Thank you for the response... Sorry for the very late reply :)