Robot Moving too Fast to the Target

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
alix

Robot Moving too Fast to the Target

Post by alix »

Hi Everyone,

I have followed the "motionPlanningDemo1.ttt' , and designed my scene, i experimented with 1 target at the moment. OMPL calculates the paths for it, and I used the same 'followPath' function to move a robotic arm, but it is moving quite fastly than in the original "motionPlanningDemo1.ttt", I want to slow it down and move at the same pace as in that scene. Changing the simulation doesn't help.
My scene is available at this link .... https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vkqmwnqc3yq8 ... t.ttt?dl=0

Please help required.
Thanks a lot ....

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Robot Moving too Fast to the Target

Post by coppelia »

your robot is simply jumping from one configuration to another, keeping the same end-effector pose.
If you want to make that slower, simply put a sim.wait after applyJoints(...). But your robot will still jump from one configuration to another.

If you want to have a smoother jump, then you should interpolate between individual configurations. But then, your end-effector will not hold its position/orientation in-between (since we are interpolating in the configuration space)

Cheers

alix

Post by alix »

coppelia wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 05:59 your robot is simply jumping from one configuration to another, keeping the same end-effector pose.
If you want to make that slower, simply put a sim.wait after applyJoints(...). But your robot will still jump from one configuration to another.

If you want to have a smoother jump, then you should interpolate between individual configurations. But then, your end-effector will not hold its position/orientation in-between (since we are interpolating in the configuration space)

Cheers
Oh Sorry, those all configuration checking etc is to be hidden, but I still haven't learned to control the threads like in the "motionPlanningDemo1.ttt" thats why we are seeing it.
I am talking about the last one, where it takes the final path decided by OMPL, can I slow down that final path following ???

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

From what I can remember, in the scene you mention, the robot is dynamically enabled. And there, you can adjust the joint's upper velocity limits. If you need to precisely follow a path with several points, then it gets more tricky. But a simple solution is to simply switch threads (sim.switchThread)between each position application. If you generate more path points, things will move slower

Cheers