how to connect the learning algorithm written by Julia to V-Rep ?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
jianye

how to connect the learning algorithm written by Julia to V-Rep ?

Post by jianye »

hello guys,

i'm trying to use a learning algorithm to train the object(person) built in Vrep simulation environment. I don't know how can i connect this algorithm to Vrep because this algorithm was written by Julia . is there interface that i can finish this connect ?

any advice?

Jian

fferri

Re: how to connect the learning algorithm written by Julia to V-Rep ?

Post by fferri »

Can't understand what you are up to. Perhaps this may be of help:

Writing code in and around CoppeliaSim

jianye

Post by jianye »

hello,

I have built a person model in Vrep Simulation and the model walk randomly. And I have a learning structure to train this person model until he can walk straight to an object, like walk to the table or something. And this learning structure was programmed by Julia. But first, I need the parameter of this person model from the Vrep and input it in the learning structure, then this learning structure will give out an action sequence that the person model can follow.

Right now I don't know how can I input the parameter of the model into the learning structure because we have no Remote API for Julia only for Python and C/C++.

THANKS

Jian

fferri

Post by fferri »

You are right: there is no remote API interface for the Julia programming language.

But there is an interface to ROS for Julia, so you can use that to connect Julia to V-REP.

fferri

Post by fferri »

Also, quoting from https://www.infoworld.com/article/32411 ... ience.html:
Julia can call Python, C, and Fortran libraries. Julia can interface directly with external libraries written in C and Fortran. It’s also possible to interface with Python code by way of the PyCall library, and even share data between Python and Julia.
so you should be able to port the Remote API to Julia.