Starting up

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Aristides

Starting up

Post by Aristides »

I just downloaded this program, but I don't know how to turn it on. When ever I click the vrep application it doesn't even load. I think a problem could be that it's on my flash drive, not the computer.
(On a side note, what are the water properties? Density separation, wetting other objects, conductivity, flowing/filling in containers?)

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Starting up

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

what platform are you using?

About the fluid simulation: the ODE and Bullet physics engines don't allow for fluid simulation. But what can be done is to simulate the effect of fluids on bodies by adding additional forces (e.g. buyancy, drag, etc.). Particles are also supported, that allow to mimic somewhat a fluid. Have a look at the example model Models/robots/mobile/ACM-R5.ttm.

Cheers

Aristides

Re: Starting up

Post by Aristides »

I read a few forums and I got my answer. As for the fluids, I watched a video to see the features of this game and it had water (without ripples, but seemingly good). Regardless, this simulator is pretty nice. Easy to use for starters, with a lot of different features to explore as you get familiar with the system.