simple path for a robot

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
hteo

simple path for a robot

Post by hteo »

Hi!My question is:
how can I create a simple path for my robot?I choose my robot.I move it on the floor,and then?How can I associate a path to the robot?
Thanks

Eric

Re: simple path for a robot

Post by Eric »

Hello

I suggest you to do the following tutorial to understand how V-REP works: here and here

Cheers

Eric

hteo

Post by hteo »

Sorry but i don't understand.If I use a note robot,like asimo o a robot in a folder how can i create and associate a path.In these tutorial I didn't find how I can do.

Eric

Post by Eric »

Sorry I m not sure I understand what you mean.

Not all the robots in the folder of robots can follow a path, "out of the box". You have to, for example, make control script in LUA ton control the motors to follow a path (e.g. the robots in the demo scene "practicalPathPlanningDemo" ) or a line on the ground (line following tutorial) , or set their position according to a path using the set of function under "Path Object functionality" of this page (if the robot's dynamic is disabled if not there is an extra step to do like in this post)

I strongly suggest you to carefully do the great tutorials in order to get a grip on how V-REP is working. I promise you that the learning curve is not that stiff.

Cheers Eric