Bill on belt

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Schindler

Bill on belt

Post by Schindler »

Hello,

I want a person to walk over a belt. Therefore I want to use the bill of vrep.
I cannot make the bill interact with the belt: I expect the bill to behave like a primitive shapes that is set on a belt, but the bill should walk additionally. The bill just stands or follows his path as if there was no belt.

Which settings of the bill do I need to change to make it interact with the belt? I could use any of the predefined bills, I just want this functionality I described.

Thanks for your help.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Bill on belt

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

The Bill model in V-REP (i.e. the human model) is not dynamic. So it is simply ignored by the physics engines, which anyway is what we want most of the time (otherwise simulation would be much slower, Bill could fall or hit walls, and controlling Bill's path would also be much more complicated). If you look at the Asti model (i.e. V-REP's humanoid model), then you will notice that this one is dynamic: put it onto a conveyor belt, and it will behave as expected.

For what you want to do, it is probably easier to detect when Bill in touching a conveyor belt, then programmatically adjust its position so that it will appear to be dragged by the belt.

Cheers