Conveyor Belt problem

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
senand

Conveyor Belt problem

Post by senand »

Hello,

I want to move a box using a conveyor belt; when I put in my scene a conveyor belt and a cuboid over the first, the conveyor belt move the object as expected; but if I move the two objects in another point in the same scene, the conveyor is no more able to move the object. How is it possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Conveyor Belt problem

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

In V-REP, there is a radius or distance after which the object will not be simulated dynamically anymore. That distance is typically 1000.
Imagine a robot falling off the ground plane. It will fall, and fall, and fall, and not contribute to the simulation anymore, but it will still take processing time for the dynamics calculations. To avoid this, it is automatically removed from the dynamics simulation when it reaches a coordinate of z=-1000 or below. Same happens if you go to x>1000, x<-1000, etc.

You can modify this distance in the file system/usrset.txt. Refer to variable dynamicActivityRange.

Also, when you manually (i.e. with the mouse) move a dynamic model around, it will automatically be set to static for the time beeing.

Cheers