how can i use dynamic module

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
cainozoic

how can i use dynamic module

Post by cainozoic »

hello
I am a student in school is using PRO EVAL V3.2.2 V-REP. I would like to ask whether the software can be used to do dynamic simulation of the inverse solution, including the parameters of a given model identification and the known end effector trajectory of joint force or torque.
thank you

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: how can i use dynamic module

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

it will depend on the physics engine you use and on your method. The forward problem is much easier. For the inverse case, you would have to adjust the individual forces/torques in order to follow a specific trajectory. One way would be to control all your joints in force/torque mode, and try to follow a specific trajectory in joint- or Cartesian space. Another way would be to put your arm in hybrid IK mode, and all your joints in position control. While your mechanism follows a specific trajectory, you could read out the applied forces. They will however have to be filtered, since in the end, the kinematics modules will guide your mechanism via a point-to-point trajectory. Like in the demo scene motionPlanningAndGraspngDemo.ttt for instance: there, two arms will follow a trajectory in joint- or in Cartesian space. All the joints are in position control and simply applying (or drive to) the value the IK module (or some other controller) tells them to. So you can record and visualize the torques the different joints have to exert in order to keep the position or move along the path. But again, the recorded values will need some sort of filtering (or you will need to make sure the individual steps are large enough for your arm not to start/stop at each trajectory point).

Cheers