End-effector not following

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
paredespro

End-effector not following

Post by paredespro »

Hi there,
Im having some troubles with a simulation, i have created both dummies, target and tip to follow a path, but once i run the simulation the robot arm does not move at all while the dummy (target) follow the path, any ideas how can i fix this?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: End-effector not following

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

can you share your scene file? It will be easier to look at what the problem is.

Cheers

paredespro

Post by paredespro »

Hi,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydygad0wz9y67 ... n.ttt?dl=0

here is the scene i have created

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Your joints are currently in Force/torque mode. This will not work out of the box if you use IK on the kinematic chain.
So you should set all robot joints in hybrid IK mode. Then, following will happen: the IK calculated joint angles will be used as target positions for the joints that are in position control.

At the same time, the IK resolution method is DLS, so the IK will be highly damped and relatively slow. Not sure if this is intentional. If you use the pseudo inverse method, then there won't be any damping anymore, but then you need to make sure the constraints on the robot are correctly set.

Cheers

paredespro

Post by paredespro »

Thanks a lot, now at least is following the target, it does some crazy movements and goes through the railway wheel ( not smooth at all) but at leasst now is following.

Do you know also, why is the Omnirob not stopping once the prox sensor detects the wheel?

Thanks a lot for the help.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Did you code a reaction behaviour for when the proximity sensor is detecting something? How are you stopping the omni-wheels?

Cheers