Could not find or correctly load the video compression library.

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
drmajr

Could not find or correctly load the video compression library.

Post by drmajr »

I recently downloaded V-REP 3.5.0 rev1 and encountered this error:

"Could not find or correctly load the video compression library."

that pops up in a dialog box when V-REP is starting. I'm on a mac with High Sierra. I also have the 3.4.0 version of V-REP and the video recorder works just fine.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,
-M.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Could not find or correctly load the video compression library.

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

yes, we are aware of that problem on MacOS: we broke something. In the mean time, you could try to have a look at the original source code for that video compression library here.
It however requires adaptation for the newest ffmpeg library.

Cheers

lpitonakova

Post by lpitonakova »

Hi, is there an estimate of when this can be fixed a new version of V-REP for Mac released?

PabloM10

Post by PabloM10 »

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have updated mi mac to High Sierra and I have updated VREP to the last version also.

Furthermore, I think that that is make me a problem when I run the simulation, because I have opened one scene which worked perfectly with the previous version of VREP and now, with V-REP 3.5.0 rev1, when I start the simulation, the robot doesn't work properly.

What can I do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

the video compression library is a known bug on Mac. We are working on its resolution.
As to your other problem: what is the different behaviour? Are there any error messages? Are you using an external application to communicate with V-REP?

Cheers

PabloM10

Post by PabloM10 »

coppelia wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 16:21 Hello,

the video compression library is a known bug on Mac. We are working on its resolution.
As to your other problem: what is the different behaviour? Are there any error messages? Are you using an external application to communicate with V-REP?

Cheers
Hi,

The scene consist in a "robotic arm" with a BaxterVacuumCup attached at the end (I have remplaced the random shape by a group of custom random shapes). The issue is a vibration when the cup comes in contact with the ground. I tried with the scene without any modification and I realized that whether I ungroup the custom random shapes and group them again, the simulation becomes irregular, presenting the described problem. So I think the problem is originated by the new version.

Where I can download the previous version to try if that is the problem really?

Answering the questions: there isn't any error messages when I start the simulation and I am not using an external aplication.

Thanks.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

You can find previous versions here.

Have also a look at this page,
design considerations 1 - 3.

Cheers