Any data after dynamics change

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
mamagosia

Any data after dynamics change

Post by mamagosia »

I have a simulation with Quadricopter.ttm. When I use this model without any changes (dynamics), but with lots of proximity sensors, it moves correctly. But when I change dynamics, only for few seconds of simulation proximity sensors' data are sent to my python script. And after that there are not data from sensors. I use Newton engine, because with only this engine doesn't break my model. Does dynamics have an influence for data sending?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Any data after dynamics change

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

not really sure what is happening in your scene. Could it be that your visible and non-visible parts in the scene are not overlapping?

Best would be to post a simplified scene that illustrates the problem.

Cheers

mamagosia

Post by mamagosia »

Here is my project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wz1ab ... Hk0mOVsqBm

Open scene.ttt and in a terminal write: $ python UAV_main_bra1uav.py (it starts simulation)

In this scene quadricopter moves to the goal (red sphere). But when I change dynamics of it like in the sceneAfterModifications.ttt , a few seconds after simulation starts, the quadricopter "doesn't see" obstacles and V-REP doesn't send sensors' informations. So I have got an error in the terminal - this error is included in my project's folder.

I use Ubuntu 16.04 and V-REP Pro Edu 5.3.0
Last edited by mamagosia on 06 Dec 2018, 09:49, edited 2 times in total.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Please post a minimalistic, if possible self-contained scene that illustrates your situation. We can't debug whole projects for you, that is not the purpose.

Cheers

mamagosia

Post by mamagosia »

I haven't got a self-contained scene, I send you the minimum to illustrate my problem. I can't show my problem without pythons' scripts, because they contain everything for Quadricopter - path, collision avoidance (I use proximity sensors for it, so they are very necessary!).

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

we cannot afford to read through your project, that also includes several files. That's too much effort. Also, from your explanation it seems that you have a communication problem, rather than a V-REP sensor problem. So check if some other messages are still passing through, or if your remote API is hanging as a whole.

Cheers

mamagosia

Post by mamagosia »

I don't want you must check my scripts, but only run them, because only with them my problem is illustrated.
The problem is following: I have got the same pythons' scripts for original quadricopter model and the same I use for model with other dynamics. And I just want know how it is possible that V-REP doesn't send data correctly to pythons' scripts after dynamics change.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Your problem is not illustrated by simply running your scene: you say that V-REP doesn't send sensor information after some time: how is that illustrated by just running the scene? How is the sensor information sending process illustrated/visualized?
When sending data, many things can go wrong on the way. Of course it could be directly a bug in the remote API, but it is very more likely that your remote API client is doing something wrong at some point. And to check that, you need to debug your remote API client or provide a minimalistic scene that we can debug.

Cheers