Joint electrical engine mode

Requests or suggestions for new features
OfekEshet

Joint electrical engine mode

Post by OfekEshet »

Hello

I think that there is no way to simulate a joint which works like an electrical engine in vrep.
I have tried a lot of things, including custome control, and everytime i failed to simulate the electrical engine.

I would like to know if there is a way to simulate such an engine in vrep? and if not I would like to have such Joint mode, in order to create a full functional Frc robot simulation.
https://github.com/GreenBlitz/SimulationInVrep this is the current state with an electrical engine it would be finished.

Thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Joint electrical engine mode

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

your simulated motor can have different velocity or torque profiles, but you'll have to implement this yourself inside of a joint control callback function.

Cheers

OfekEshet

Post by OfekEshet »

Thanks for replying,

Its a great help, but I have tried this way once and I got the feeling that vrep changed the values, which I gave him.
Is that correct?

Moreover is the target possition change the movement of the joint? i would like it to move only by the velocity and torque values which i gives him according to an electrical engine.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Following illustrates how you can set the target velocity and max. force/torque for a force, controlled from your algorithm:

Code: Select all

function sysCall_jointCallback(inData)
    local targetVelocity=0.2 -- in rad/sec
    local maxForce=15

local outData={}
    outData.velocity=targetVelocity
    outData.force=maxForce
    return outData
end
Cheers