Joint Dynamics Properties on NAO Controller

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
VivianaMoya

Joint Dynamics Properties on NAO Controller

Post by VivianaMoya »

Hi everyone,

I need some help in a controller I'm developing for a NAO Robot.

I calibrate the controllers in Joint Dynamics Properties, but I need to program it in sysCall_jointCallback and used this code:

http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/helpFil ... ctions.htm

But the controller does not work, maybe there is something else that I should calibrate or put in, because the current output remains saturated in a value but still increases the constants of the PID controller (Kp, Ki, Kd).

Thank you all for your help.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Joint Dynamics Properties on NAO Controller

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

what do you mean with "it does not work"? what is it intended to do, and what does it do?
The controller code from the user manual is a position controller. Try to use default values from the physics engine, and a default controller. From there, slowly modify one or the other until something doe not work anymore. Then you will know where the problem lies...

Cheers

VivianaMoya

Post by VivianaMoya »

coppelia wrote: 27 May 2019, 05:43 Hello,

what do you mean with "it does not work"? what is it intended to do, and what does it do?
The controller code from the user manual is a position controller. Try to use default values from the physics engine, and a default controller. From there, slowly modify one or the other until something doe not work anymore. Then you will know where the problem lies...

Cheers
Hello,

I want to implement the position controller in the function sysCall_jointCallback (inData) since it is 10 times faster than a normal script.

Currently, I generate references from Matlab, sent them to vrep and use the Joint Dynamics Properties controller and the walk controller works very well. But when I want to implement the controller as explained here: http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/helpFil ... ctions.htm, the outputs no longer follow the reference even if I put very high proportional currencies, and with what I read, it is supposed to work the same but the controller does not work in the jointCallback function.

I have found the error, and when I enabled the controller in Joint Dynamics Properties and also enabled the jointCallback function, I draw the position error and there is none, with the references you sent from matlab. But when I leave only the jointCallback enabled with the proposed PID controller and the constants used in the interface and it does not work I have a position error of 100%.

I really do not know why it does not work.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Please try to make a minimalistic example that illustrates your problem. Best would be to have a very simple scene with a single joint. Debugging a complex robot such as the NAO robot is almost impossible if you do not break things down.

Cheers