Automating the target

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
shubham_1925

Automating the target

Post by shubham_1925 »

I am trying to simulate the ball balancing robot, in which I want to make the robot follow a target. Now the target wont be manually dragged around. Instead, it will follow a fixed path. Can anyone help me with this? I am able to move it in circles, but not any other trajectory. Any help will be appreciated

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Automating the target

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

I recommend you have a look at this demo scene, that also features a ball-balancing robot.

The idea is to extract a vector the spans from your robot to the target. Depending on the amplitude and direction of the robot, you need to appropriately actuate the wheels touching the ball.

Cheers

shubham_1925

Post by shubham_1925 »

Thank you for the reply.

I have completed this step. However, I have no control over the radius of the circle the ball robot is tracking. Can you help me with this? Also, why is the ball robot target in this scene under 2 joints?

Thank you

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

In the demo scene, there is a revolute joint built on top of another revolute joint. The target is built on top of the two joints. If you rotate the two joints, this gives you a sort of cycloid movement for the target. If you want a circle for the trajectory, use only one revolute joint. If you want a different radius, move the target relative to the revolute joint.

Cheers