Locked Scene in V4.0.0

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
Muna

Locked Scene in V4.0.0

Post by Muna »

According to your manual, scripts would be protected from view and modification once the scene is locked. When I tested a locked scene in Coppilasim V4.3.0, it worked fine and I wasn't able to view the script. However, on V4.0.0 (both Pro and Player)I was able to view the script of the same scene. Moreover I was able to copy it to my clipboard. Is this a bug or am I doing somthing worng?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Locked Scene in V4.0.0

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you are right. Unfortunately there is that bug in CoppeliaSim V4.0 and V4.1. The bug only relates to scripts being viewable, but the scene is still locked (i.e. copy/past and save do not work).
One workaround would be to compile your code into bytecode via luac, then use the bytecode instead of the code, which is not really visible.

Cheers

Muna

Post by Muna »

Hello, thanks for your answer, but that is not really a work around since binary lua can be easily decrypted.. but let's say I used a customization script like in here https://forum.coppeliarobotics.com/viewtopic.php?t=4571 can I also disable lua commander and disable SetBooleanParameter that would undo my settings even from within another script without any workarounds? i.e is there a solid away to protect scripts inside the scene without workarounds to unprotect them?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

In general you will often find workarounds to decode/decrypt something. I am sure that also by inspecting the application memory, you'd be able to see the Lua bytecode of the scripts...

What application exactly do you have in mind?

Cheers