Legacy Remote API (Matlab ARM + CoppeliaSim ARM)

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
Juancho

Legacy Remote API (Matlab ARM + CoppeliaSim ARM)

Post by Juancho »

Hi, everyone,

I'm having a hard time trying to run CoppeliaSim (CoppeliaSim_Edu_V4_5_1_rev4_macOS13_arm64) with Matlab R2023b (maca64) on a MacBook M1 Pro. I'm using the remoteAPI from https://github.com/CoppeliaRobotics/rem ... ree/master. It looks like the library for MacOS (remoteApi.dylib) is for x86_64 and not for ARM64. I was wondering if there is a version of the remoteApi library for Apple Silicon Macs?

This is the error I'm having:

Code: Select all

Error using loadlibrary
Invalid default value for property 'OP_BLOCKING' in class 'DQ_VrepInterface':
There was an error loading the library
"/Users/juanjqo/Documents/remoteApiBindings/lib/lib/MacOS/remoteApi.dylib"
dlopen(/Users/juanjqo/Documents/remoteApiBindings/lib/lib/MacOS/remoteApi.dylib, 0x0006): tried:
'/Users/juanjqo/Documents/remoteApiBindings/lib/lib/MacOS/remoteApi.dylib' (mach-o file, but is an
incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64')),
'/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/Users/juanjqo/Documents/remoteApiBindings/lib/lib/MacOS/remoteApi.dylib'
(no such file), '/Users/juanjqo/Documents/remoteApiBindings/lib/lib/MacOS/remoteApi.dylib' (mach-o file, but
is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64'))

Error in remApi (line 761)
                    loadlibrary(obj.libName,@remoteApiProto);
Thank you in advance

Cheers,

Juan

fferri

Re: Legacy Remote API (Matlab ARM + CoppeliaSim ARM)

Post by fferri »

That legacy remote API is deprecated.

It is recommended to use the ZeroMQ remote API, since it is much easier and flexible. Additionally, you'll have access to many more API functions, than with the legacy remote API.

Juancho

Post by Juancho »

Thank you for your reply.

The ZeroMQ remote API requires the Boost library, which is not an option in the application I'm working on. Because of that, I'm exploring alternatives.

Best regards,

Juan

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

I am not aware of that requirement... are you talking about the C++ client of the ZeroMQ remote API? Or the MATLAB client?

Cheers