Serial and parallel motion of multiple robotic arms

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
lumeqi

Serial and parallel motion of multiple robotic arms

Post by lumeqi »

Hello,
I have two robotic arms. I want to let one robotic arm move first, and then let the other robotic arm move after the motion of this robotic arm is completed. I am using the ZeroMQ Remote API. But this can only be achieved by sharing a client (an instance of the remoteAPIClient class) with them. If I want them to move simultaneously, I need to have them each use an instance of the remoteAPIClient class to implement it. I referred to the example "simpleMovement.py".
I think maybe it's reasonable for them to use a separate client? How to solve my first problem?
I am pleased with your help.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Serial and parallel motion of multiple robotic arms

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

what version of CoppeliaSim are you running? In CoppeliaSim V4.6, simpleMovement is showing how to control the simultaneous motion of 3 robots, via 4 clients. If your movements are sequential, then a single client shoule be enough.

Cheers

lumeqi

Post by lumeqi »

Hello,
My question is how to achieve their serial motion function while having each robotic arm have a separate client? Or can multiple robotic arms achieve serial motion when they each have a client? Because I want to implement a universal code (whether I want the robotic arm to move simultaneously or one after another, I can use the same set of code). But I tried to create a client for one robotic arm A first, and after it finished moving, I created another client for another robotic arm B, but robotic arm B couldn't move. If my request is for them to move simultaneously, the idea of using one client for each of the two robotic arms is correct.
Thank you.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Not sure I understand: in the mentioned example, there are 3-4 remote API clients, each running in their own thread. Each thread can run e.g. a motion of a robot, while the other threads do the same at the same time. If you want to run two motions one after another, then do that in the same thread, or synchronize two threads (one waits for the other to finish a motion). Soon, you should be able to use actions (probably in ver 4.7 hopefully)

Cheers