Running headless simulations on ubuntu?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
liyu

Running headless simulations on ubuntu?

Post by liyu »

Hello,

I'm using ubuntu 12.04 LTS and V-rep pr edu version 3.0.5. I can't seem to run v-rep through the terminal. I want to open a scene in headless mode, have it auto start the simulation, and then close after running. I'm writing a python script where this would happen about 100 times to do continuous simulations. However, when I try to use "./vrep.sh -h -s5000 -q millingRobot.ttt", it just opens v-rep without loading and the scene. "./vrep.sh millingRobot.ttt" works to open the scene but of course I have to manually run the simulation. Are the versions incompatible or am I doing the file pathing incorrectly? I tried searching the forums but I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem so I'm probably just doing something really wrong. Thanks!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Running headless simulations on ubuntu?

Post by coppelia »

Edit: make sure to first read this topic about headless mode, this thread is old.

Hello,

it could be a bug in the V-REP 3.0.5 version. Please try to update to the last version (V-REP 3.1.2).
Otherwise you could specify an additional add-on script, that would be in charge of loading the scene, running and stopping it. Check the command line options -a or -b.

Cheers