3D outdoor Environment

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Anna

3D outdoor Environment

Post by Anna »

Hello,
I'm a beginner in V- Rep.I need to create a outdoor 3D environment with buidings,trees etc.My objective is to implement obstacle avoidance in UAV with outdoor environment i.e static obstacles.
Is it possible to create such a environment in V-Rep?
if so,how to do it?is there any tutorial or link to learn that?

thanks in advance!

-Anna

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: 3D outdoor Environment

Post by coppelia »

Hello Anna,

yes, this can be done. And it can be done in several ways. What we usually recommend, is to create first various models, then drag-and-drop them into the scene to create the environment. Models such as: a tree, a building, etc.
There is an example of a tree (Models/nature/tree.ttm) or a building (Models/infrastructure/urban/customizable building.ttm).

Cheers

Anna

Post by Anna »

Thanks for the information.
Whether i have to create a model in cad softwares like autodesk or sketchup or i can create everything in the Vrep itself.if so how to create and where to find the information in Vrep?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

In V-REP you can only create primitive shapes (i.e. cuboids, spheroids, cylinders, planes, etc.). If you need more complex meshes, you will have to create them in another application, then import them.

Once you have imported meshes, you can start adding joints, sensors, etc. If the meshes need to react to collisions (i.e. be respondable), then, it is best to extract a convex decomposition in order to do efficient and stable dynamic simulation. In that case, make sure to carefully read this section.

When building a model make sure to also read this section.

Cheers