Video Recording - Camera Rotate

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
anuj_shah

Video Recording - Camera Rotate

Post by anuj_shah »

Hello,

I have a simulation running perfectly via the Matlab API. The problem is, when I am in the video recording mode, I am unable to change the camera view angle from my mouse button, that is, I am not able to perform "camera rotate". "Camera pan" works just fine.

While not in video recording mode though, both "camera pan" and "camera rotate" work perfectly.

Is there something I am doing wrong or something option I have to enable?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The "camera rotate" does work, but I am unable to rotate about a random point in the scene while in video recording mode. I can only rotate about the current camera position. Hope that makes sense.

Kind regards,

Anuj

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Video Recording - Camera Rotate

Post by coppelia »

Hello Anuj,

can you try to enable/disable the model browser and/or the scene hierarchy? Does it make a difference? There is a bug that makes the mouse behave as you describe it, and it is corrected for next release.

Cheers

anuj_shah

Post by anuj_shah »

Hello,

Yes, it works perfectly when I enable the model browser (with the scene hierarchy still turned off).
Thank you!

To think of it, I had this problem only when I disabled the model browser and the scene hierarchy. I will update the software right away.

Kind regards,

Anuj

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Anuj,

the current version still has the bug. It will be corrected in next release (V3.2.2).

Cheers