Saving State of a Running Simulation

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ahundt

Saving State of a Running Simulation

Post by ahundt »

Is it possible to save scene state for a running simulation? Typically when I hit "stop" all data from the run is removed.

I run a simulation that computes a transform between objects in the scene that I don't know in advance then sets the position of the objects correctly in the simulation. I want to save that information for subsequent runs of the simulation. I could work around the system by writing it out to a file then reading and setting it when the simulation is stopped, but it would be nice if I could simply save it using V-REP's built in facilities.

For more detail, I have a simulation where a physical robot mirrors the simulation, then computes a hand eye calibration. This means it finds the transform between the tip of my robot and an object attached to the tip that I can see with a vision sensor. After the motion sequence of the simulation is done the algorithm runs then sets the transform within the running simulation.

Thanks!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Saving State of a Running Simulation

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

yes, by default, all newly added objects are removed, and most settings (such as positions/orientations, etc.) are reset at simulation end. You can however change that behaviour in the simulation settings dialog. Uncheck Reset scene to initial state and Remove new objects.

Cheers