Robot arm - Mode force or torque - Dummies -Following a Path

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
programadora

Robot arm - Mode force or torque - Dummies -Following a Path

Post by programadora »

Hello,

This is my problem: I would like to control my robot arm with torque or force mode and I would like to follow a Path a dummy-dummy link, Is that possible??

Thanks,
Last edited by programadora on 10 Sep 2015, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Robot arm - Mode force or torque - Dummies -Following a

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

do you want your joints to be controlled via a PID, or do you want to send raw torque/velocity values to all of your joints?
It seems you want to use IK, and have the calculation results applied to the various joints. What you should do is:
  • set all your joints in IK mode, and enable Hybrid operation for all of them.
  • The tip-target dummy pair are not in IK mode (now in dynamic overlap mode).
  • The IK group is currently flaged as explicit handling. Uncheck that box.
  • Start first by enabling only the X/Y/Z constraints for your IK element.
Cheers

programadora

Post by programadora »

Sorry... I had tried with motion planning and I forgot to delete the configuration with PID control.

I'm testing configuration models . I've tried the inverse kinematic and hybrid and now.. I would try the dynamic force or torque mode.
My problem with the dynamics is that I don't know how to continue the path. It is possible with dummies?

What do I need for the robot to behave in torque mode and follow the path?

PD: I modified the previous scene.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwapu1lemdplm ... 3.ttt?dl=0

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

You still haven't set all joints to hybrid IK mode. In that mode, the joints are dynamically simulated, but you can use IK calculations. You also haven't changed the link type of the tip/target dummy: it should be Ik, tip-target, not Dynamics, overlap constraint.
Then, flag the Ik element in the IK group as active (it is automatically flagged as not active if the joint mode is not correct, which is your case). Also, try to use only the X/Y/Z constraints for that IK element first, until you get a movement. But in the end: your manipulator has joint limits, and eventually, it will get stuck on the trajectory.

Cheers