Changing home position of KUKA LBR

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Mike

Changing home position of KUKA LBR

Post by Mike »

Is it possible to change the home position of KUKA LBR arm? I tried editing the joint vailues, but as soon as the simulation start, it resets to default home position. I am trying to control it by remote API. But I need a different home position than the default.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Changing home position of KUKA LBR

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

since the LBR is dynamically simulated, you need to adjust two values for each joint: the joint position, and the joint target position (in the joint dynamic properties).

Cheers

Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks, one more issue, I was going through the sample code (lua script) given along with the Barret arm.
In that 'firstPartTorqueSensorHandles' variables get handles by accessing the links 'BarretHand_jointB_0 to B_2" - line 12. Now later in the code inside the condition if(firstPartLocked) - line 62, we set target velocity to the handles accessed via C0, C1 and C2. Is it right?

Mike

Post by Mike »

It would have very beneficial to get get a commented code for the Barret gripper. Though I am referring to the API each time, what exactly is the function doing is little daunting. Is there any way to get a commented code?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

There are two different Barrett hand models. One of them operates in a simplified manner, and is probably a bit more stable. But in the end, both model control code is more meant as a demo code, and has a lot of room for improvement. The idea with the model you are using is to lock one joint as soon as a specified force threshold is reached.

Cheers