Compiling V-Rep under Ubuntu 14.04

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
juan-rodriguez

Compiling V-Rep under Ubuntu 14.04

Post by juan-rodriguez »

Hi, I'm Juan

I'm trying to compile V-Rep on ubuntu 14.04. I followed all the steps on: http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/helpFil ... ngVrep.htm

I used to had different errors during the compilation, the most common " fatal error: QOpenGLContext: No such file or directory "/ I solved it by following the tips on this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1421

The error was that I had an older version of Qt. I reinstall all the programs and I installed:
Qt version 5.2.1
QScintilla-gpl-2.7.1
V-REP 3.3.1

However, I have a new error which seems quite silly, but I didn't solve it yet. Basically in the final steps when I should compile V-REP. When I run " qmake v_rep.pro " I obtain:
Project MESSAGE: release
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: serialport

Then when I try to run " make "and I obtain always this message: " make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop. ", which is clear because I don't have any makefile in the folder. I really don't know why when I obtain the old error I could compile V-REP (with errors), but now I don't have the make file to compile.

Could you please help me with this issue? As I wrote seems quite silly, but I don't know what to do.

fferri

Re: Compiling V-Rep under Ubuntu 14.04

Post by fferri »

I think you should use the same Qt version of the compiled V-REP.

You can check Qt version in Help->About.

On OSX, V-REP 3.3.1 uses Qt 5.5