Point Cloud Importer.ttm not working

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
kilian_ft

Point Cloud Importer.ttm not working

Post by kilian_ft » 11 Oct 2019, 06:51

I´m trying to import my Point Cloud of format .xyz into my Scene. For that I thought the easiest solution would be to take the implemented Point_Cloud_Importer.ttm from the "tools" category. Apperently I always get the following error message:

Code: Select all

Error: [string -unknown location]:?: simCallScriptFunctionEx: error (importClicked_callback)

Lua runtime error: [string "CUSTOMIZATION SCRIPT pointCloudImporter"]:22: One of the function's argument type is not correct. (sim.insertPointsIntoPointCloud)

--> Customization script temporarily disabled.

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'insertPointsIntoPointCloud'

[string "CUSTOMIZATION SCRIPT pointCloudImporter"]:22: in function <[string "CUSTOMIZATION SCRIPT pointCloudImporter"]:11>

Error: [string -unknown location]:?: simCallScriptFunctionEx: error (importClicked_callback)
I tryed different files, the error is always the same. The V-Rep version used is 3.6.2 rev 0.
How can I fix this or rather what would be the easiest way to import my .xyz point cloud?
Is there maybe an updated point_cloud_importer.ttm that works?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Point Cloud Importer.ttm not working

Post by coppelia » 15 Oct 2019, 09:24

Hello,

in the customization script attached to the model, can you replace line 18 with:

Code: Select all

for coord in line:gmatch("([^\9 ]+)") do
Cheers

kilian_ft

Post by kilian_ft » 16 Oct 2019, 13:57

Hello,

changing line 18 did not change anything for me. The Error is still the same, both in Linux and Windows.
I was using Version 3.6.2. on both systems.

Best,
Kilian Freitag

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia » 18 Oct 2019, 12:14

Can you share the first few lines of your xyz file?

Cheers