Summit XL mobile platform by Robotnik

Post links to your CoppeliaSim videos, scenes and models
mabemon

Summit XL mobile platform by Robotnik

Post by mabemon »

Summit XL mobile platform by Robotnik in a video about V-REP simulation made by researchers of Robotic Group of Ai2 (UPV).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkGAlIh7 ... 0oqALvRLOp

N_rob

Re: Summit XL mobile platform by Robotnik

Post by N_rob »

Hi I am working on the simulation of the Summit Xl on V Rep. I saw this video and I want to know the steps done in order to have this model working as on the video. Thank you

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

the video was done by user mabemon, that you may contact to obtain the model. But as far as I know the model is currently still quite approximate (i.e. the vehicle is a single rigid entity, no spring/damping in the wheel arms).

Cheers

N_rob

Post by N_rob »

Hi,

I want to ask about the PID control in the dynamic properties of joints. What do we use them for exactly? I mean what do they

affect?

Thank you

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hi,

the PID controller is usually used to control a joint in position (i.e. if you need to keep the joint follow a desired position). Most of the time, only the P component of the PID is used.

Cheers

amattag

Post by amattag »

Hello,

I am also working with the Summit XL mobile platform at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
Is there a way that you can share your model with us?

Thank you very much.

Antonio Matta.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello Antonio,

if you contact us here, we can put you in touch with the person in charge.

Cheers

N_rob

Post by N_rob »

Hi,

Thank you for the answer but I would like to know what does the derivate position do to the joint performance?

I have one more thing please, I am doing frction essays on V Rep with the Summit XL model, with both Billet and ODE, and I am wondering why the robot cannot climb more than 33 degrees almost whereas the real robot can go up to 45 degree slope.

Thank you very much

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Have a look at how a PID controller works.

Then, your simulation in the mentioned situation will only be as good as the model and the used physics engine. A physics engine will never compute exact results, actually they are quite approximate. And you can always adjust the friction parameters of the wheels or the ground.

Cheers

LuisRicardo

Post by LuisRicardo »

Hi

I am currently trying to make a controller for the Summit XL. Are there an article or code where I can find the dynamic model of the summit XL?