Coppelia fails to open port if the same port is in remoteApiConnections and as a command line parameter

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
fai

Coppelia fails to open port if the same port is in remoteApiConnections and as a command line parameter

Post by fai »

Hello,
I noticed that if the same port is asked to be open in in the remoteApiConnections.txt and through the command line (with the -g option), CoppeliaSim fails to open the port. In addittion, if you try to connect to Coppelia through thre remote API, simxStart returns a valid clientID, but the communications are not working
Cheers,

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Coppelia fails to open port if the same port is in remoteApiConnections and as a command line parameter

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

yes, that is normal: you can't open a port twice. If you do that via the lua commander or via a script, you will get the error message: in simRemoteApi.start@simExtRemoteApi: Invalid port number

Cheers

fai

Re: Coppelia fails to open port if the same port is in remoteApiConnections and as a command line parameter

Post by fai »

Yes, I agree that you cannot have two servers on the same port. However, I think that one of the servers should be created and should be able to work while the other one gives an error. What is happening is that the server is created, but it is not working well. And what it seems a bug to me is that the simxStart returns a valid clientID. If the clientID is valid, there is no way to know that the server is not working from the remote API.
Cheers,
Andres