Hangs in win 7 64bit

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
elijahwww

Hangs in win 7 64bit

Post by elijahwww »

I donwloaded 3.0.1 version and tried to run it on my Win7-64bit pc. It appear to hang right after startup. I see the console come up. After that only the menu and command buttons are working, but the main screen is not repainting. It hangs. Help->About says 32bit version. Is there a 64bit version? or is 32bit expected to work too?

Thanks!

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Hangs in win 7 64bit

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

It is not supposed to hang. There is no 64 bit version for Windows, but the 32 bit version should work fine.
Could you try to modify the file "system/usrset.txt", and set the line "alwaysShowConsole = true", then start and see where it hangs?
You can also try to temporarily remove all "v_repExt*.dll" files, to see if a plugin is hanging.

Thanks!

elijahwww

Post by elijahwww »

Ah! After troubleshooting for a little while I found this. My graphics card has an outdated OpenGL support. It says 2.0, but when tested with GPU Caps Viewer app it doesn't render anything under any version.
I switched to a different machine with slightly newer GPU and it is working fine.

No wonder the application seemed to be responding around the menus and toolbar.

Thanks.

reramirezh

Post by reramirezh »

Hello
I downloaded and installed the V-REP PRO EDU, I tried to run it and the program hangs after the console appears. I tried to run as administrator and it happens the same. After it hangs a message window appear with the options to search a online solution or close the program, I click anywhere on screen and the windows close.
I have a HP Probook 4320s laptop with win 7 Enterprise SP1, 32 bits with I3 Processor and 2 GB RAM.
I installed it on other laptop with win 7 64 bits and it works fine.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

can you try to change the rendering settings, in the file: v-repFolder/system/usrset.txt ?
You could also turn on the debugging (in the same file) and send us the result. Make sure to revert the debugging after that, otherwise your V-REP will appear very slow.

From experience, your problem is most certainly linked to your graphic card. You could alos try to update the drivers.

Cheers