A Problem when debugging remote client program with synchronous mode

Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
Vad

A Problem when debugging remote client program with synchronous mode

Post by Vad »

I have a problem that I can’t solve, please help!

I want to debug my C ++ program, which controls the simulation through the Remote API functions, and also use synchronous mode and triggers. That is, the simulation will wait until I send a synchronous trigger.

But during the debug, when I check my C ++ program, the simulation, without waiting for my trigger, resumes after a 4-6 SECONDS. As if connection between my program and the simulation breaks, and the following messages are displayed in the simulation log:
reply sent: 18 bytes (message ID = -1, stream cmd cnt = 0)
data received: 18 bytes (message ID = 138)
reply sent: 78 bytes (message ID = 137, stream cmd cnt = 1)
error while receiving data.
disconnected from client.
connecting to client...

And when the connection breaks, the simulation just continues without a trigger, and I can’t calmly debug my c ++ program

Why it happens? As I understand it, a simulation that is controlled by a c ++ program through the Remote API must wait until the trigger is sent. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

For verification, I even use the usual simpleTest.cpp example, and the same thing happens during debugging: the simulation waits for the trigger, but after a few seconds it just continues.

I do debugging in Visual studio 2019

AlBrP

Re: A Problem when debugging remote client program with synchronous mode

Post by AlBrP »

Hi,Vad!!!
I also meet the same serious problem(my IDE is also VS2019)and it bring me great inconvenience to debug.
Have you solved the problem now???