Report crashes, strange behaviour, or apparent bugs
liux3604

Error importing .obj mesh file

Post by liux3604 »

Hi:
I have tried to manually import .obj mesh file downloaded from:
http://ycb-benchmarks.s3-website-us-eas ... zonaws.com

I get this error:
[sandboxScript:error] 27: stoi: no conversion (in function 'simAssimp.importShapes@simExtAssimp')
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'importShapes'
.../coppeliaSim.app/Contents/MacOS/lua/simExtAssimp.lua:27: in function <.../coppeliaSim.app/Contents/MacOS/lua/simExtAssimp.lua:8>
[CoppeliaSim:error] External call to simCallScriptFunction failed (configUiData.onImport): Error in script function.

However if i were to import an obj file that is included with CoppeliaSim 4.1 package, this problem disappears.

Also there is no problem importing from .dae files downloaded from the same link above. Is this a bug only with the latest version of the software?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Error importing .obj mesh file

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

can you point on the exact file that you are trying to import? What other files are there in the same folder?

Cheers

liux3604

Post by liux3604 »

Hi sorry for the late reply. this is the link:

http://ycb-benchmarks.s3-website-us-eas ... le_16k.tgz

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

the compressed file includes data for 4 different formats: PLY, STL, DAE and OBJ. I can import all 4 fine with CoppeliaSim V4.1.0...

Cheers

jak_a

Post by jak_a »

I have actually the exact same problem with Ubuntu 20.04, Coppelia 4.1.0 and the YCB object dataset. I have used the .dae files for now, they can be imported without any problem.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Thanks for reporting this. CoppeliaSim is internally using the Assimp library, so this could be linked to it directly. i.e. CoppeliaSim is agnostic to the format, it just gets mesh data handed over from Assimp.

Cheers