MICO arm IK simulation

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
ljklonepiece

MICO arm IK simulation

Post by ljklonepiece »

Hi Marc,

Is it possible to use mico arm model you sent to me to simulate IK motion planning?
I have tried, but cannot get it to work. I tried to mimic the demo from MotionPlanningDemo1.ttt, but fails.
Here are my questions:

1. I notice in the mico arm model, there are visible links and invisible links, what are the invisible links used for? Can i simply delete them?

2. I am not sure how to use Mico_connection (force sensor) to connect the arm with the hand

3. you may find my scene containing mico arm and the task is simply to move the arm to targe1 and then target 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-BbM ... sp=sharing

Thanks a lot
JueKun

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: MICO arm IK simulation

Post by coppelia »

Hello JueKun,

about your questions:
  • you can perform motion planning with the arm, in a similar way as is done in motionPlanningDemo1.ttt. You can also perform IK motions. But: next release will offer very convenient functions, and a demo scene of the Mico and Jaco arms grasping cups. Next release will be out within 3 weeks normally. If you run on Windows, you can request a beta version from us. If you are willing to wait a few days, you could also request a Linux beta.
  • the invisible objects are those that are important for the dynamic simulation (i.e. they will react to collision, they have a mass and inertia). Invisible objects also include joints, and sometimes dummies (helpers). The demo scene motionPlanningDemo1.ttt uses a non-dynamic robotic arm.
  • to connect a gripper to a robot, select the gripper, then select (with ctrl-click) the force sensor (usually in red) at the connection spot, then click the assembly toolbar button (button no. 10 from the left).
Cheers

ljklonepiece

Re: MICO arm IK simulation

Post by ljklonepiece »

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanations!

JK