Texture dialog

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Snork_svk

Texture dialog

Post by Snork_svk »

Hello

I would like to ask because obviously I do a mistake somewhere.

When I try to import an object in the format *. OBJ into the environment (created in another program and exported to maintaining precise coordinates of texture).
When importing environment, check "Preserve texture coordinates" but once I do I'm trying texture belonging to insert the object, it is automatically set to mode "Projection". By studying patterns in the library, there are in the "Adjust texture" all items inactive (because apparently it is set to "Import texture coordinates"). Could I ask the simple instructions on how to achieve that the texture of my object was in a similar setting?

Thank you for your help

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Texture dialog

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

I am not sure I understand your problem exactly. This is what you should do:

1. Import your obj file by specifying "Preserve texture coordinates"
2. Select the imported shape, then open the shape dialog, and click "Adjust texture".
3. Make sure you can read "Associated texture coordinates: from shape import" at the bottom of the dialog that opened.
4. Click "Load new texture" and select the file that came with your obj file. You might have to convert it to the tga format first though.
5. A message displays saying "Texture coordinates from a previous import operation were found and will be used"

Cheers