Implementing Inverse Kinematics in MATLAB.

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
philip hughes

Implementing Inverse Kinematics in MATLAB.

Post by philip hughes »

Hey,
I have created a robot arm in V REP, and now i want to implement the Inverse Kinematics rule to my kuka robot arm in MATLAB.
Its a bit confusing on how to do that, Forward Kinematics is working fine for me. But im having problms with IK. if anyone of u can provide me any help? plz
Some referring example or Code maybe, Thanks!

Cheers.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Implementing Inverse Kinematics in MATLAB.

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

is your robot model already controlled by IK (within V-REP)? If not, make sure to follow this tutorial.
Then, when you say you want to implement inverse kinematics in Matlab: do you want Matlab to make the IK calculations? If yes, then this is not directly linked to V-REP's IK algorithm, that you cannot export to Matlab. It is built-in V-REP. You will have to code the IK yourself in Matlab.

Or - you can have V-REP compute the IK for you, and from Matlab you simply control the end-effector position/orientation.

Cheers

hawiteshe

Post by hawiteshe »

My robot is controlled in inverse kinematics in vrep. How can i set the end effector position in matlab and mske vrep compute the inverse kinematics? When i use vrep simxsetObjectposition only the endeffector is moved.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

try first with a working model, e.g. models/robots/non-mobile/7 DoF manipulator.ttm: from Matlab, try to change the position of the green sphere (while simulation is running). Does it work?

Cheers