Shared Memory Plugin For VREP /Matlab Communication

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
dds

Re: Shared Memory Plugin For VREP /Matlab Communication

Post by dds »

Hi. The plugin is out of date for the new version of CoppeliaSim. If what you need is to communicate Simulink and CoppeliaSim, I would recommend using this new plugin:
Source: https://github.com/santdiego/simExtSimulink
Compiled: https://github.com/santdiego/simExtSimulink/tags
.Although the underlying operation is the same, the latter is easier to use.
I will update the SAS plugin as soon as I can!
Greetings.

sumi_boss

Post by sumi_boss »

Thanks for the advice I will check the plugin fail info. I am using V-REP v3.3.0.

sumi_boss

Post by sumi_boss »

Hello,

So sorry to bother you again but I'm not quite sure as to how to install the plugin. I followed the instructions but this part confuses me:

3. Open the .pro row and configure the project using the same version of the CoppeliaSim QtKit.
4. Compile in Release mode

I don't understand how to open and configure the .pro file. When I try to open it, Windows doesn't know which program to use. I tried with your Beta version as well. I have the R2017b version of Simulink so I can't open the model properly so I guess that's the problem in that case. Could you please give me some more details about how to open, configure and compile the .pro file?

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Just for info: you are using a very old version of CoppeliaSim / V-REP, and you will probably run into problems running new plugin on there.

Cheers

sumi_boss

Post by sumi_boss »

Hello,

I installed the newest Coppelia Sim Edu version (v4.1.0) as well as Simulink R2019a. I used the compiled plugin that you shared in the above post. However, when I try to run the example you gave and I start the simulation in Simulink the Coppelia simulation starts as well, but gives the following error:

Pioneer_p3dx@childScript:error] 19: attempt to index global 'simulinkTable' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "Pioneer_p3dx@childScript"]:19: in function <[string "Pioneer_p3dx@childScript"]:14>

The Simulink simulation gives the following warnings:

Warning: block 'example1/getTable': Memory could not be attached. Verify that the server is active. The output will be dimensioned by means of propagation.
Source 'example1/getTable' specifies that its sample time (-1) is back-inherited. You should explicitly specify the sample time of sources. You can disable this diagnostic by setting the 'Source block specifies -1 sample time' diagnostic to 'none' in the Sample Time group on the Diagnostics pane of the Configuration Parameters dialog box.

But when I click on the 'getTable' block it doesn't offer the chance to change its setting.

Could you help me understand why this happens and how I might be able to fix it?