Is V-REP capable of doing that?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Tobias

Is V-REP capable of doing that?

Post by Tobias »

Hello everybody,

I am pretty new to V-REP. So far I have done some tutorials and found V-REP to be a great tool. My plan is to test different user interfaces for teleoperation. Therefore I will have different tasks around in a simulated outdoor enviroment (e.g. find some packages, load them on your vehicle). This scenario will be executed by participants using different interfaces / controlls. Is V-REP capable of doing that?

So far I found V-REP to be best for industrial and more static robot simulations and couldn't figure out how to simulate a rather large outdoor enviroment.

If V-REP does not suit this simulation would you have some recommondations for me ( e.g. MORSE or Gazebo)?

I really hope V-REP to be capable of doing that, as I really like it so far.

Thanks for your help,

Tobi

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Is V-REP capable of doing that?

Post by coppelia »

Hello Tobi,

V-REP can also be used to simulate outdoor environments. It is just important to correctly prepare imported meshes, otherwise they will take time to display, or take time during various types of computations. Here a few items to consider.
User interfaces can also quickly be created by using either the custom UI elements, or a native-type UI created inside of a plugin.

Cheers

Tobias

Re: Is V-REP capable of doing that?

Post by Tobias »

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer. I'll give it a try.

Kind regards,
Tobi