Making loaded scene visible

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
imhotep

Re: Making loaded scene visible

Post by imhotep »

I've put a image file in the drop box. It shows the V-REP window when the remote client loads the scene and starts the simulation.

What happens if you resize the Window, will the scene be refreshed?
Scene from simulation comes into view.Simulation runs as expected. Scene view updates as expected. All appears to be as it should be.

What happens if the scene is already loaded and you simply trigger the start/stop simulation from Matlab?
Simulation runs as expected. Scene view updates as expected

My guess (having no visibility of the V-REP code) is that there is a presentation view refresh missing from simxStartSimulation. If there was a library API call to refresh the view, I would use that.

Thanks again.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

What happens if you pause the 1-2 seconds after you have loaded the scene, and before you start the simulation?

My quess is that the problem might be specific to Mac or your Mac.

Cheers

imhotep

Post by imhotep »

The code I sent you had a two second pause.

My Mac is fairly pristine - specifically, I do not use UI modification software nor any third party add-ons that would affect the OS performance. In fact, I recently had to replace the hard disk and the OS was reinstalled.

I assume that someone at Coppellia Robotics has a Mac that is used to port and test the Mac version of the software? Perhaps you could contact them.

In the mean time, perhaps someone in the Forum who is using V-REP on Mac OS X El Capitan could attempt to use the remote API to load a scene and start a simulation (preferably using Matlab).