Dynamical properties of joints for moving hexapods

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
spinang

Dynamical properties of joints for moving hexapods

Post by spinang »

Good morning,
I've realized a C++ application that communicates with a V-REP scene in which a primitive hexapod robot is placed. Both applications interact properly because ACKs are sent/received correctly; the problem is: which are the dynamical properties I have to set to my hexapod in order to make it able to move?

My hexapod is structured as follows: https://postimg.org/image/417pg9w9d/
It comprises 6 joints for each side and 2 joints per leg: those which are related to the left side, are indicated with L, while the others are indicated with R. The idea is to drive these joints with a simulated CPG I've created in my C++ project (the CPG model was already tested, so it works fine), sending some signals. I've tried by using both simxSetJointTargetPosition and simxSetJointPosition, unsuccessfully.

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Dynamical properties of joints for moving hexapods

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

yes, basically you can use simxSetJointTargetPosition to all 12 joints. All 12 joints should however be in force/torque mode, with the controller enabled. Then of course, timing is also important.

Best would be to post the scene, and a small extract of your C++ code that sends the joint positions to V-REP.

Cheers

spinang

Post by spinang »

Good evening,

sorry for the delay, but I've solved by myself. Thanks for your reply, anyway.

Matthew Qi

Post by Matthew Qi »

Hi, spinang

I am also working on using a CPG model to control robots, but I have no idea how to implement it in C++. I am wondering if it is possible that you could share the could with me.

Thanks a lot
Matthew