Simulink and V-REP

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Misbah Iqbal

Re: Simulink and V-REP

Post by Misbah Iqbal »

dds wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 19:48
Hi. In the following link you can access the "Library SAS". This library allows you to link several programs through shared memory. Among the utilities included is the communication for shared memory compatible with the last Vrep (3.4.0). It is in a very early stage of development so the documentation may be incomplete.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
To install it you must open matlab with administrator privilege and run the row "INSTALL_SimulinkLibrary.m". Vrep models and dlls should be installed automatically if you are using windows. In linux the process is manual.
Sir, This link is not accessed, please give me access to this link.. I will be very grateful to u....

dds

Post by dds »

Misbah Iqbal

Post by Misbah Iqbal »

Thank u so much ...I try to implement it...

dds

Post by dds »

sumi_boss

Post by sumi_boss »

Hello,

I installed the newest Coppelia Sim Edu version (v4.1.0) as well as Simulink R2019a. I used the compiled plugin that was shared above. However, when I try to run the example you gave and I start the simulation in Simulink the Coppelia simulation starts as well, but gives the following error:

Pioneer_p3dx@childScript:error] 19: attempt to index global 'simulinkTable' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "Pioneer_p3dx@childScript"]:19: in function <[string "Pioneer_p3dx@childScript"]:14>

The Simulink simulation gives the following warnings:

Warning: block 'example1/getTable': Memory could not be attached. Verify that the server is active. The output will be dimensioned by means of propagation.
Source 'example1/getTable' specifies that its sample time (-1) is back-inherited. You should explicitly specify the sample time of sources. You can disable this diagnostic by setting the 'Source block specifies -1 sample time' diagnostic to 'none' in the Sample Time group on the Diagnostics pane of the Configuration Parameters dialog box.
Warning: block 'example1/getTable': Server not found

But when I click on the 'getTable' block it doesn't offer the chance to change its setting.

Could anyone help me understand why this happens and how I might be able to fix it?

dds

Post by dds »

Hi please check the following:
-inside CoppeliaSim Navigate to Tools->User Settings->Various Settings; then and uncheck option "Hide console window"
-inside console check if there is a message "plugin 'Simulink': load succeeded." If the message does not appear, it means that the dll was not copied to the Coppeliasim installation folder. If instead the message indicated a loading error please let me know.
Greetings.

sumi_boss

Post by sumi_boss »

Hi,

It turns out I just forgot to copy the DLL file to the CoppeliaSimEdu folder. I did that now and it works fine.

Thanks a lot!

sumi_boss

Post by sumi_boss »

Hey one more thing: I'm trying to send data from Simulink to CoppeliaSim but instead of a constant value like in example1 I'm sending a timeseries workspace variable via a simin block, and this is the error I get:

UR5@childScript:error] 17: Data type not supported. (in function 'simulinkTable.getData@simExtSimulink')
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'getData'
[string "UR5@childScript"]:17: in function <[string "UR5@childScript"]:16>

Can a timeseries workspace variable be sent to CoppeliaSim?