Turn off "Simulation parameters" pop-up box

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
nd308

Turn off "Simulation parameters" pop-up box

Post by nd308 »

Hi there,

Every time I try to run simulations from the python API, this window pop-up which forces me to interact with the simulation, thus slowing the whole thing down:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-yc01 ... sp=sharing

Is there any way to bypass it or turn it off so I do not have to click it each time?

Thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Turn off "Simulation parameters" pop-up box

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

that warning message should only be ignored if you know exactly what you are doing.
If you read the message carefully, you will find out yourself how you can disable it.

Cheers

nd308

Post by nd308 »

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply; as I am running several loops over the same control script, ticking the box has no effect since my script needs to close and re-open the connection. Hence the box tick, albeit helpful for one instantiation, is not very helpful for me in this instance.

Thanks

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

That should work anyway. For instance you can also run the scene without remote API. The message should also pop up. When it pops up, check the little box, click ok. then stop the simulation. Repeat the steps 3 time. Now the message should not pop up anymore.

Cheers

PvtSchneewitchen

Post by PvtSchneewitchen »

Is it possible to suporess such pop-ups ?
In my case the pop up always appears when i start the scene on a new device in a player, because i have a lot of vertices in the scene.
That's sometimes confusing for users, when such a warning message appears.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

you can try to work with sim.setInt32Parameter and sim.intparam_simulation_warning_disabled_mask and/or sim.intparam_dynamic_warning_disabled_mask.

Other than that, you can click through those dialogs 3 time, then re-use the generated system/settings.dat file, that contains that information.

Cheers