Matlab interface, embedding V-REP within C, and Path plannin

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
vick217

Matlab interface, embedding V-REP within C, and Path plannin

Post by vick217 »

Good day,

I would like to know if it is possible to interface with matlab in order to use optimization toolbox from matlab.
I would like to know if I can embed V-REP into a bigger program in C, in order to pass position data to robots in V-REP? Is the option compilation referring to that? if yes, could you explain a bit more on how to do it, please?
http://www.coppeliarobotics.com/helpFil ... ngVrep.htm

About the path planning feature, could you let me know that method and/or version did you use and the specification parameters? or point out the source or reference for that algorithm?

Kind regards,
Victor

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Matlab interface, embedding V-REP within C, and Path pla

Post by coppelia »

Hello Victor,

yes, you can interface V-REP with Matlab, via the remote API. Have a look at how to set-up the remote API client for Matlab, and its Matlab functions.

You can also embed V-REP into a bigger C/C++ application by recompiling large parts yourself, but to simply pass position data, this is not necessary: use the remote API (or a plugin, the ROS interface, or a custom solution).

The path planning functionality in V-REP is based on the RRT-connect algorithm. You can of course also implement your own path planning algorithm as a plugin, or directly into the source code.

Cheers