Ball balancing plate system does not seem stable

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
rohith

Ball balancing plate system does not seem stable

Post by rohith »

Hello there,
I am trying to simulate a closed kinematic chain ball balancing system on V-REP. I want it to first stay at it's initial position with the motors at their zero positions. I have tried my best to make it work, but still it doesn't seem stable even with ODE physics engine. I would highly appreciate it if you can recommend any steps to solve this issue.
I have uploaded the scene here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmlhlwoq4zl7d ... 2.ttt?dl=0
Last edited by rohith on 11 Oct 2019, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

RL_Niryo

Re: Ball balancing plate system does not seem stable

Post by RL_Niryo »

Hi,

I'm not an expert, but I also had some unstability issues and I solved that by using Bullet 2.83 engine. I do not know why, but it worked on my scene

Cheers

rohith

Post by rohith »

Hello RL_Niryo,
Thank you for the reply. I tried doing the same, but it did not give me any positive results. I have a feeling it might have to do something with inertias or singularities.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

if you display the contact points you'll know why your mechanism is not stable: adjacent parts are constantly colliding. YOu can enable/disable contact point display in the general dynamics properties.

Also, make sure to carefully read this page, mainly design considerations 1-3 and 6-8.

Cheers

rohith

Post by rohith »

Hello Coppelia, thank you. I will definitely look into it.

Pawan Singh

Post by Pawan Singh »

RL_niryo

Can u send your code and scene file I have some issues in my design which I can rectify using yours.