collision detection in VREP

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
scut_whg

collision detection in VREP

Post by scut_whg »

What is the principle of collision detection in VREP? Or how is the state validity check in VREP implemented?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: collision detection in VREP

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

CoppeliaSim/V-REP uses its own collision checking routines, based on a hierarchy of object-oriented bounding boxes, that wrap triangles composing the mesh. Detection is triangle-triangle exact. Same for the minimum distance calculation.

Cheers

scut_whg

Post by scut_whg »

coppelia wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 16:55 Hello,

CoppeliaSim/V-REP uses its own collision checking routines, based on a hierarchy of object-oriented bounding boxes, that wrap triangles composing the mesh. Detection is triangle-triangle exact. Same for the minimum distance calculation.

Cheers
Special thanks to your answer! It is a little difficult for me to simply look at the source code. Does the source code of this collision detection have relevant theoretical literature support? Where can I read it? This will help me understand.

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

you can find more infos in this paper:

Freese, M., Ozaki, F., Matsuhira, N.: Collision detection, distance calculation and
proximity sensor simulation using oriented bounding box trees. In: 4th International
Conference on Advanced Mechatronics. pp. 13–18. Asahikawa, Japan (October 2004)

Cheers

scut_whg

Post by scut_whg »

coppelia wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 09:48 you can find more infos in this paper:

Freese, M., Ozaki, F., Matsuhira, N.: Collision detection, distance calculation and
proximity sensor simulation using oriented bounding box trees. In: 4th International
Conference on Advanced Mechatronics. pp. 13–18. Asahikawa, Japan (October 2004)

Cheers
Sorry, I can't download this article. Do you have it? If there is, my email address is: 279655395@qq.com. Greatful! !

tjwhenderson

Post by tjwhenderson »

I'm also trying to access this paper and am unable to. My email is tjwest@ucsd.edu if you are able to send it to me!