Develop plugin for Coppelia Sim using LibPlugin

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Florent

Re: Develop plugin for Coppelia Sim using LibPlugin

Post by Florent »

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Which IDE d you use to develop plugin? Is visual Studio fitting well? Do I need Qt to do so?

Thank you,

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

I would go with Qt, since this is cross platform and also what we are using.

Cheers

Florent

Post by Florent »

You use Qt on windows or linux? Because Qt on windows is not free (and really expensive btw).

Best regards,

fferri

Post by fferri »

Qt for Open Source development is free and available for all platforms.

Florent

Post by Florent »

Hello,

I downloaded Qt open source and open the simExtPluginSkeleton source code projet. I compiled it and it worked fine. Then I copied the generated .dll file into the CoppeliaSim installation folder. But when I run CoppeliamSim, the plugin is not loaded and I see this error:
Error with plugin 'PluginSkeleton': load failed (could not load). The plugin probably couldn't load dependency libraries. Try rebuilding the plugin.
Do I need to configure the build process? Which compiler do you use? I use Qt 5.14.1 MinGW 32-bit and 64-bit. Does it matter?

Best regards,

Florent Pausé

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Best is to use the same Qt version (if possible), and the same compiler as CoppeliaSim. Those requirements can be loosen depending on your plugin's functionality (is it using Qt functions at all?). If you are not using any Qt functionality, then it shouldn't really matter, since the CoppeliaSim API is a pure C API.

Check if there are missing dependencies for your plugin. Use the dependency walker (or the rewrite and newer version of it), if on Windows.

Cheers