Object is not moving with the base model?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
suri

Object is not moving with the base model?

Post by suri »

Hey,

I have a model and some objects are added into it. But whenever I the shift/rotate the model, objects are detached from model and moving. I have established a child parent relationship, even though some objects are detached from model when I tried to rotate/shift the model.

For an example, in coppeliasim pioneer_p3dx.ttm, when we shift/rotate the model, all the objects will rotate/shift and be with the model at the end also without detached. How can I make my mode like pioneer_p3dx.ttm?

Any regular API to fix it?.

Any hint or help will be appreciable.

Thanks in advance

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Object is not moving with the base model?

Post by coppelia »

Hello,

carefully read this page. Two dynamically enabled shapes are basically moving in an independent fashion, unless they are constrained to stad together via a joint or a force sensor. Of course, you can also group two joints, in which case the resulting compound shape will act as a single shape.

Cheers

suri

Post by suri »

Hey,

I went through the documentation, and everything is fine. In my model, objects/shapes are non static and respondable during dynamic simulation. two shapes/objects are connected through dynamically enabled joint in torque mode and control loop disabled. But child of joint is not dynamically simulated object(there is no icon of dynamically simulated object next the joint child object).
I think that this is the problem for the movement of shape/object in a dynamic model, during simulation.
How can I make it dynamically simulated object, since model is built by someone and I need to keep the same shápe/object in my model?
In my model, just one object is detached from the model and moving itself, when I tried to move/shift the model using mouse(using the object shift icon) during simulation. When I stop moving the mouse, object will also stop moving with model, but detached from the model.
To be precise:
- shape1 (dynamically simulated object, non respondable, non dynamic)
- joint (dynamically simulated object, torque mode, control loop disabled)
- shape2 (non dynamically simulated object/dynamically simulated object, dynamic,non respondable)( this object/shape is detaching from the model)

I think that now you got the better understanding.

Any hint/help.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by suri on 11 May 2020, 10:58, edited 2 times in total.

suri

Post by suri »

Hey,

I have tried with both regular case and loop closure case. But still I have the same problem.

Problem description:

Just have a look into the video please.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Got the same problem with both case (regular and loop closure ).

Thank you

coppelia
Site Admin

Post by coppelia »

Carefully read this page again (the one I already recommended previously). Your scene hierarchy is not correct, e.g. broom_rotate_response and brush_response are both dynamic, and built on top of each other. Actually there is another dynamically enabled shape built on top of brush_response: brush.

Cheers