Is there a way to "activate" coppelia sim pro using the dongle without quitting the program?

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
thomas_exwzd

Is there a way to "activate" coppelia sim pro using the dongle without quitting the program?

Post by thomas_exwzd »

I used to run coppeliasim without using the dongle in as I'm working on a Mac book pro which only has USB3 port and I don't want to bother myself with a USB adapter constantly plugged in. Therefore I usually fall back to the evaluation version which is enough for my work.

I've spent quite some times updating a model and just realized the saving menu was greyed out as I was using the evaluation version of coppeliasim pro. Pluging the dongle in doesn't change anything and still considers the licence key invalid. In the "Help > Enter licence key..." menu, I only have the option of entering a machine based licence and not to use the dongle and enter the licence attached to it.

I'd like to avoid loosing my work. Is there a way I can activate coppeliasim without closing the application?

coppelia
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to "activate" coppelia sim pro using the dongle without quitting the program?

Post by coppelia »

Very sorry for the late reply. Probably that comes a bit late. As a customer you are welcome to contact us via email directly, then we can act much faster.

Unfortunately the dongle gets check only once, at application start. Sorry about that.

Cheers