Navigation 2 crashing with ROS2 Foxy

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
tahir

Navigation 2 crashing with ROS2 Foxy

Post by tahir »

I had my mobile robot simulated in CoppeliaSim. I use to work with it in ROS1 navigation without any issues. Now i have shifted on ros2. I am working with Ubuntu 20.04 and ROS2 foxy. I am trying to integrate navigation stack (https://github.com/ros-planning/navigat ... foxy-devel). Therefore, i have odometry, twist and laser scan messages. As these messages are not included in the default plugin available in the latest CoppeliaSim V4.1.0. So i have complied the ROS2 Interface plugin for CoppeliaSim by my own with the following meta/interfaces.txt file:

Code: Select all

builtin_interfaces/msg/Duration
builtin_interfaces/msg/Time
geometry_msgs/msg/Quaternion
geometry_msgs/msg/Point
geometry_msgs/msg/Pose
geometry_msgs/msg/PoseWithCovariance
geometry_msgs/msg/Transform
geometry_msgs/msg/TransformStamped
geometry_msgs/msg/Twist
geometry_msgs/msg/TwistWithCovariance
geometry_msgs/msg/Vector3
nav_msgs/msg/Odometry
rosgraph_msgs/msg/Clock
sensor_msgs/msg/Imu
sensor_msgs/msg/LaserScan
sensor_msgs/msg/PointCloud2
sensor_msgs/msg/PointField
std_msgs/msg/Bool
std_msgs/msg/Byte
std_msgs/msg/ColorRGBA
std_msgs/msg/Empty
std_msgs/msg/Float32
std_msgs/msg/Float64
std_msgs/msg/Header
std_msgs/msg/Int8
std_msgs/msg/Int16
std_msgs/msg/Int32
std_msgs/msg/Int64
std_msgs/msg/String
std_msgs/msg/UInt8
std_msgs/msg/UInt16
std_msgs/msg/UInt32
std_msgs/msg/UInt64
std_srvs/srv/Empty
std_srvs/srv/SetBool
std_srvs/srv/Trigger
example_interfaces/srv/AddTwoInts
example_interfaces/action/Fibonacci

The navigation is crashing a lot. I have posted this issue in navigation2 (https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation2/issues/1891) thinking its some problem with the new navigation in ros2 but apparently its an issue in CoppeliaSim. The problem is, navigation is crashing alot and i believe something is missing from my simulation. I am directly using my robot which was build in the ros1 version of CoppeliaSim. Can this be an issue? or something else needs to be added?

I really need some help to figure out the problem. Any assistance in getting this working will be much appreciated. Thank you

fferri

Re: Navigation 2 crashing with ROS2 Foxy

Post by fferri »

Navigation might be crashing because you don't correctly fill the message fields.

It is not a CoppeliaSim issue per se. You need to figure out what message causes the problem and fix it.