Custom message in sim_ros_interface

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
lubosvarecha

Custom message in sim_ros_interface

Post by lubosvarecha »

Hello
I am using ROS Melodic, Ubuntu 18.04 and CoppeliaSim V4.1.0 and I want to send custom messages from package box_msgs that I created. I have problem load ROS interface.
So far I cloned melodic brunch of sim_ros_interface to my catkin workspace and then I modified it:
  • followed message types was added to: catkin_ws/src/simExtROS/meta/messages.txt
box_msgs/Box_scan
box_msgs/Box_array
box_msgs/Box
box_msgs/Dimensions
box_msgs/Orientation
box_msgs/Position
  • in catkin_ws/src/simExtROS/package.xml I added

Code: Select all

<depend>box_msgs</depend>
  • in catkin_ws/src/simExtROS/CMakeList.txt I added box_msgs to

find_package(catkin REQUIRED COMPONENTS)
Then I exported COPPELIASIM_ROOT_DIR=/home/lubos/CoppeliaSim_Edu_V4_1_0_Ubuntu18_04 and successfully built it by:

catkin build --cmake-args -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
Both packages are showing in rospack list and custom messages are listed in rosmsg list.

After that I copied libsimExtROSInterface.so from catkin_ws/devel/lib to CoppeliaSim root directory and tried to run CoppeliaSim but ros interface does not load i getting error:

bash [CoppeliaSim:error]   plugin 'ROSInterface': load failed (could not load). The plugin probably couldn't load dependency libraries. For additional infos, modify the script 'libLoadErrorCheck.sh', run it and inspect the output.
I don't know what caused error. Did I missed some steps? I appreciate any help or advice.

fferri

Re: Custom message in sim_ros_interface

Post by fferri »

lubosvarecha wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 20:16 After that I copied libsimExtROSInterface.so from catkin_ws/devel/lib to CoppeliaSim root directory and tried to run CoppeliaSim but ros interface does not load i getting error:

bash [CoppeliaSim:error]   plugin 'ROSInterface': load failed (could not load). The plugin probably couldn't load dependency libraries. For additional infos, modify the script 'libLoadErrorCheck.sh', run it and inspect the output.
Did you source ROS environment in the terminal where you ran CoppeliaSim?