sim.rmlMoveToPosition problem

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
sumi_boss

Re: sim.rmlMoveToPosition problem

Post by sumi_boss »

I did that, and it shows just 2 yellow points of contact. They appear for a moment and then disappear. But, they did that when the assemblage was successful too. I'm not sure if that's the reason that the objects get stuck. I also don't understand how the problem could be in the code? The main difference is I call sim.rmlPos and sim.rmlStep functions to move along the trajectory in small increments instead of in a single move. And it worked fine when it was a single move (sim.rmlMoveToPosition).

Cheers

sumi_boss

Re: sim.rmlMoveToPosition problem

Post by sumi_boss »

Hello

I made it work by changing the concept a little bit. I have a question with regard to these functions. I am using them to incrementally move the robot and I have an algorithm for impedance control. I noticed that the success of my algorithm greatly depends on parameters like the desired and maximum velocity, that are given to rmlStep and rmlPos, even though the desired tool force remains the same. Is there any advice you could give me as to how to pick those parameters to achieve better tool force control (I am using the force sensor data for the force loop)?

Thanks in advance
Cheers